This white chocolate peppermint vegan candy cane truffles recipe is in collaboration with my fellow vegan bloggers to create the ultimate vegan Christmas meal. Be sure to check out their recipes below for some vegan Christmas inspiration!
We are now officially into the month of December. And you know what that means… Christmas recipes!! I have so many lovely Christmas dessert recipes coming up for you all this month. First up are these delicious white chocolate peppermint vegan candy cane truffles.
Truffles and Christmas have always gone hand in hand for me. Ever since I started getting pocket money as a preteen, I’d visit my local ASDA every Christmas. In secret, I’d buy my mum (and practically every other family member) some super cheap flaky chocolate truffles. And I can’t lie, there was definitely more than one occasion where I ate a whole box to myself before I got around to wrapping and gifting them. Even though they were cheap, they were SO good but sadly, not suitable for vegans.
DIY Christmas candy cane truffles
Although veganism is becoming more and more mainstream each day, finding sweet treats that don’t cost an arm and a leg is still a bit difficult. I recently went to buy some Christmassy vegan truffles from my local health store until I realised they were £10. For FOUR TRUFFLES. I’m a firm believer in #treatyoself but that was just ludacris. So, I went home and made some myself.
These vegan candy cane truffles are a spin-off of my white chocolate orange truffles which have proven to be very popular on social media. The main reason being that they are SO EASY and very child-friendly. Adding peppermint extract and candy cane pieces gives them that festive touch and makes them even lovelier to look at! They are healthier than most store-bought truffles out there too, gluten-free, and so rich that you’ll only need one or two to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Don’t miss out this Christmas and make sure you give these vegan candy cane truffles a try. Your taste buds will thank you for it!
- 200 g 70%+ Dark chocolate (7oz)
- 100 ml Full-fat coconut milk (¼ cup + 1 tbsp)
- 200 g Vegan white chocolate (7oz)
- 1/2 Teaspoon peppermint extract
- A few vegan-friendly candy canes (crushed)
- Melt the dark chocolate over a low heat.
- In a separate pan or pot, slowly heat the coconut milk until bubbles form at the sides.
- Pour the coconut milk over the melted chocolate, leave to rest for 5 minutes then stir well. The mixture should be thick and smooth.
- Transfer this mixture into a dish and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Once the truffle mixture has firmed up a little, roll it into balls, one tablespoon at a time.
- Melt the white chocolate in a pan, add the peppermint extract and mix. Turn off the heat and allow the chocolate to cool down a little.
- Roll each truffle ball into the melted white chocolate and top with crushed candy canes.
- Place back in the fridge to set for 1 hour before serving.
Freeze the truffles instead of refrigerating if you're short on time.